Is Smart Home Automation Right For You?
What You Need to Make Your Mendham Home More Convenient and Efficient
You may think of smart homes as a thing for the future involving robotics and hover cars. However, smart home automation brings the convenience of the future to your Mendham, NJ home today. An integrated system will consolidate technologies ranging from lighting and shades to security under one set of controls. Therefore, your electronics will work in sync to enhance your lifestyle and make your day easier. If you’re considering raising your home’s IQ, read on to learn how.
What is a Smart Home?
A smart home boosts your home features. For one, it becomes easier to control your lights, shades, audio and video, and more since you can use your smartphones, tablet, remotes or switches to control your electronics from anywhere. If you are at work and want to make sure
you turned off the kitchen light, simply check on your phone and turn it off if necessary.
Plus, when your whole home is under one system, you can create settings that will intelligently synchronize your environment. We call this coordination a “scene.” Think, when you’re arriving in the evening with groceries, create a “coming home” scene that you can activate with your phone from your car. Then, with the touch of a button: your outdoor lighting can provide you a safe path to your door, the smart locks will be unlocked, the foyer light will turn on, and your favorite music will be lightly playing in the background while you put the groceries away.
What Can You Control?
You may be wondering what integrates into a smart home system. There are countless options available, and you can create a lineup that works best for your home. Here are a few of the most popular solutions and how they might affect your home life:
- Lighting Control: Your lights can be turned on and off from anywhere. Plus, you can create a lighting schedule that will help you manage your energy use.
- Motorized Shades: Custom designed motorized shades can be built for any window in your house. Then you can lose the rods and cords for a clean window dressing and shades that go up or down at the touch of a button.
- Smart Home Surveillance: Use smart technology to take a load off your mind. Add smart cameras that allow you to view a live stream of your home from anywhere on your mobile devices.
- Multi-Room Audio Video: When you’re working on dinner or using the home gym, make the process fun with music or media. You can control it all from one location, which is especially helpful when you’re trying to establish the right mood for a party.
- Home Theaters: Movie night just got much better. A dedicated home theater is designed to create an immersive cinematic experience. Your friends and family will love coming over to catch the latest flick on your 4K Ultra HD screen.
- Outdoor Entertainment: Your smart home doesn’t have to be bounded by the walls. Turn your patio into a second living room with fresh air by adding weather-resistant televisions, speakers, and more.
Choosing Your System
One of the defining features of a smart home is the manufacturer you choose. The system you choose should complement your lifestyle and home. There will be differences between the brands in the way you control your technologies, in the installation process, and what will work best for your needs. For the purposes of this blog, we will look closer at two manufacturers: Crestron and Savant.
- Crestron: Crestron is one of the biggest automation manufacturers around. One key feature of a Crestron system is its versatility. They offer a wide range of solutions that you can mix and match to meet the needs of your home.
- Savant: Savant offers a unique and savvy style to your smart home. They pride themselves on their easy-to-use control system. With a Savant home, you’ll find yourself one step closer to becoming a Zen master.